Make this Flourless Chocolate Cake with Caramel Cream for your next get together Jump to Recipe
For Gabriella’s Star Wars Birthday Party, she asked me to make a Chewbacca Cake! She loves chocolate like really loves chocolate. So I thought I would make this cake and have a caramel cream filling added too! We had some guests that are gluten-free, so I knew this cake was perfect. This Flourless Chocolate Cake is like a fudgy brownie even better for my chocoholic girl. The caramel cream, when paired with fudginess of the cake, is simply awesome.
I loved how this cake came out as it has the colors of Chewbacca. Not only are the colors amazing, but the flavors are banging! Melt in your mouth chocolate cake with creamy caramel filling made me forget that this was a birthday cake for a three-year-old.
I decided I was not going to frost the cake as I wanted the cake and filling speak for itself. I topped it with a Chewbacca figure and bang- A Chewbacca Cake!
Melt in your mouth chocolate cake with creamy caramel filling!
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
- 18 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cocoa powder
- 9 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP butter, unsalted
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 lbs cream cheese
- Gather all ingredients and equipment.
Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a one 8-inch cake pan and one 4-inch cake pan with pan spray and line bottom with parchment.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Add in the chocolate chips and allow the warm butter to melt the chocolate.
- In the bowl of stand mixer whip together the eggs and sugar on higher for about 5-7 minutes or until doubled in volume.
- Add in the vanilla, salt, and cocoa powder and mix until well combined.
- Slowly add in the melted chocolate and butter into the egg mixture and mix until well combined.
Pour batter into prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.
Place the sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Ensure the sugar is flat all around the bottom. Caramelize the sugar-DO NOT STIR IT. Allow the sugar to melt 3/4 of the way and then stir it.
Add the butter, salt, and heavy cream and lower the heat to low. Stir until all sugar is completely melted and all ingredients are incorporated thoroughly. Reserve and allow to cool.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment whip the cream cheese for about three minutes.
With the mixer on the lowest speed, slowly add the cooled caramel sauce and mix until thoroughly blended.
Assemble the cake and enjoy!