Rey’s Portion Bread….When I watching Star Wars: Episode 7 The Force Awakens I thought her bread was too cool. I know I wasn’t alone in this. Watching her bread rise, I thought for sure it was a CGI effect; but then finding out is was a natural occurrence-how cool!!
I made this as dessert for our May the 4th Star Wars Playday, while watching Return of the Jedi.
Now, I just want to learn how to make this savory, not sweet, like in the movie?
I played around with the recipe for Rey’s Portion Bread from starwars.com as I didn’t like the texture and I thought the flavor of the green tea was too intense. I added in coconut oil to help keep it moist, cut down the measurement of the matcha powder, and I used vanilla sugar instead of vanilla extract.
This little cake/bread pairs nicely with my Star Wars Blue Milk too!
There is also a Gluten-Free & Vegan Rey’s Portion Bread
Need some costume ideas?
Matcha powder is available here (affiliate link)
Rey’s Portion Bread
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons cake flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Brush a six ounce ramekin with the 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the cake flour, sugar, matcha powder, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk in the milk and coconut oil.
- Pour into prepared ramekin and microwave on high for 45 seconds
- Let cool slightly and Enjoy!