Prepare this Gluten Free & Vegan Rey’s Portion Bread for your next Star Wars Party! Jump to Recipe
Some time ago I created Rey’s Portion Bread and was asked if it is possible that it can be gluten-free. Well after I finally got some time, purchase more matcha powder, and test the recipe it is possible!
Today while the girls were sleeping I had fun playing around in the kitchen. Two weeks ago I found matcha powder in our local Marshall’s/Home-Goods! Yeah, now I can finally play around with Rey’s Portion Bread and see if I can make gluten-free! Well, I thought hey why not try to make it vegan while I am making it gluten-free.
And yeah, after a couple of times nailed it! My taste testers woke up and were so excited to try what mama created! The girls loved having a little cake of their own to eat right after their naps.
The gluten-free flour blend that I use is Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1:1 Baking Blend and I haven’t had any issues with it. I have used it in pancakes, cupcakes, cookies, and now Rey’s Portion Bread.
Gluten Free & Vegan Rey's Portion Bread
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons gluten-free flour blend I prefer Bob's Red Mil 1:1 Baking Blend
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Brush a six ounce ramekin with the 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the gluten-free flour blend, sugar, matcha powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Whisk in the coconut milk and coconut oil.
- Pour into prepared ramekin and microwave on high for 60 seconds
- Let cool slightly and Enjoy!
If you need a Blue Milk Recipe
Need a Jedi Costume?3