When I was a little girl, I remember making chocolate peanut butter bird nests with my mom every Easter time! Now, I am a mom with two girls of my own, I can pass this on to them.
What’s some of your favorite food from your childhood and memories? One of mine are making eggs with string and glue and then edible bird nests.
These bird nests are prepared using chocolate, peanut butter, (I told you I loved them together) chow mein noodles, dark chocolate cadberry mini eggs, and a little sprinkle of salt. Salt and chocolate? Yes! Think of Snickers bar. Using a little bit of salt to enhance the flavor of the chocolate, trust me it’s so good. One restaurant I worked at sprinkled a little bit of salt on top of its chocolate peanut butter dessert and it was amazing.
I thought Isabelle would have so much fun making these. I was wrong. For the first part, she didn’t want to get her hands all dirty with chocolate and peanut butter. Seriously?! It’s just chocolate. The last part when it came to decorating them with the eggs, she had fun.
For more chocolate peanut butter goodness check out
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bird Nests
- 10 oz mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 12 oz .chow mein noodles
- 1 bag of Cadberry Royal Dark mini eggs
- Kosher Salt
- Gather all ingredients and equipment.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Stir in peanut butter. Fold in chow mein noodles.
- Place small handfuls of chocolate covered chow mein noodles on parchment paper (about 3/4 cup). Spread out and form into a nest.
- Sprinkle each nest with a little bit of kosher salt. Place three eggs in the middle of each nest.