Mickey’s Chocolate Covered Oreos, just like something from the parks.
Jump to Recipe
For Gabriella’s birthday, I wanted to prepare another treat that was reminiscent of all the treats in the parks…Mickey’s Chocolate Covered Oreos
I thought of these chocolate covered Oreos, it would be the first time both of my girls ever had an Oreo (yes, really). Mini Oreos and Double Stuffed Oreos, hello Sugar Overload and yes Mickey!
I loved how these treats and the Mickey Rice Krispy Treats all looked together with the cake.
To make these treats, I bought a bag of Mini Oreos, one pack of Double Stuffed Oreos, a pack of popsicle sticks from Joann Fabrics, and chocolate.
After some breaking on me, I came up with a yield of 12 treats.
Mickey’s Chocolate Covered Oreos
- 1 pack of Double Stuffed Oreos
- 24 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 pack Mini Oreos
- Melt 24 ounces of dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 15 second bursts.
- Separate the mini oreos, scrapping the cream filling off (I know the best part)
For the Double Stuffed Oreos-
- Separate the oreos-usually one side always has the cream filling, keep this!! The piece that doesn't have cream filling reserve for another dessert.
- Take one half of cream filled cookie and place mini oreos at top to form Mickey's ears. Place a popsicle stick in the middle of the cookie. Heat another half of cream filled cookie slightly in the microwave or use a torch (I have a gas stove, so I used direct heat) and place on top. This cookie with it being heated serves as the glue to hold everything in place. Let it cool.
- Cover in chocolate! Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheets and allow to cool.
- Stick on a foam board for serving!