Chocolate Ganache? Something so easy to prepare and you can use on top of just about anything
Who Loves Chocolate? I raise both hands.
Something that still baffles me is a chocolate ganache. It is really easy prepared with warm cream and chocolate. Let the warm cream melt the chocolate for a few minutes then mix with a whisk. This ganache can be used for cakes, truffles, other desserts, or swimming (I’m joking).
Now in the recipe, there is the option to add 1 teaspoon of kosher salt. Why? Salt enhances the flavor of the chocolate. Think of Snicker’s Bar, it is prepared with salted peanuts, which enhances the flavors of the caramel and chocolate. And why kosher salt? Kosher salt has less sodium content than that of iodized salt.
- 20 oz chocolate, chopped small or chocolate chips
- 12 oz heavy cream
- 1 tsp. kosher salt optional
- Gather all ingredients and equipment
- Heat heavy cream either in a microwave safe bowl or on a stove over medium-high heat till simmering.
- Once the cream is hot add chocolate. Allow the cream to melt the chocolate, about five minutes. Mix well.