Apple Pie Spring Rolls
Yummy Apple Pie Spring Rolls are made with fresh apples, cinnamon sugar, and cardamom wrapped up in spring roll wrappers and then fried and can be baked too!
I love the fall in New England! Apple picking, beautiful fall colors of the leaves, apple cider doughnuts, and mums and pumpkins are out on the front porches! I decided to make some Apple Pie Spring rolls with a bunch of our apples that we just picked. I like pie, but I wanted something different and spring roll wrappers are soo cheap at any Asian market. This is also a fun dish to get your kids in your kitchen and help you roll them all up.
These Spring Rolls pair beautiful with salted caramel, ice cream, and whipped cream!
If you don’t want to fry these spring rolls they make also be baked in the oven! Place the spring rolls on parchment lined sheet pans, brush the rolls with butter, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.
For more recipes check out:
Fried Banana Cheesecake Spring Rolls
Salted Caramel Apple Chimichangas
Apple Pie Spring Rolls
- 1 Apple, peeled and diced small
- 1 TBSP Cinnamon Sugar
- pinch cardamom
- Juice of a 1/4 lemon
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 3 each spring roll wrappers
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- oil for frying
- Gather all ingredients and equipment.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the apples with the cinnamon sugar, cardamom, lemon juice, and salt. Allow to sit for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the cornstarch to help thicken the liquid.
- To wrap the rolls, place about a tablespoon towards the bottom middle of the wrapper. Fold the bottom up and then fold in the two sides. Tuck the filling into a cylinder and roll up till 1 inch before closing. Brush the remaining wrapper with egg wash and seal the edge at the top to the roll. Repeat.
- Preheat oil to 325-350° F. Fry for about 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Place on a paper towel and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
If you don't want to fry these spring rolls they make also be baked in the oven! Place the spring rolls on parchment lined sheet pans, brush the rolls with butter, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake at 375°Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
These Apple Pie Spring Rolls came out awesome for a dinner party hosted! All my guests loved them!
Yum, the apple filling in the spring rolls sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing your post at the #HomeMattersParty. Hope to see you link up again this week – the party post goes live on Fridays at 12am EST.