Maple Bacon Pancakes
Do you like bacon? maple syrup? Then it is time to make these amazing Maple Bacon Pancakes!
Every time I make these Maple Bacon Pancakes my family goes crazy for them! The sweet and salty flavors and bacon are just so good!
I was inspired by one of the dishes my husband had made at home for the kids which happened to be chicken and waffles and the waffles had bacon in them. Oh my gosh…mind blown!
When ever I make pancakes I usually make a huge amount of batter, then I will pancakes for the girls for breakfast for a few days. I will divide up the batter for different flavors like sprinkles, chocolate chip, plain, banana, or blueberry. One night last year I made these Maple Bacon Pancakes and my family and I loved them!
Now every time I make them my girls get so excited that they begin to say “BACON, BACON, BACON!”. Needles to say we rarely have maple bacon pancakes as leftovers. These pancakes are super easy to make and they are so good, and there is bacon 🙂
For more breakfast ideas, check out:
Apple Cinnamon Almond Smoothie
In the recipe, you will see it calls for maple sugar, I found this in local store at our mall in New Hampshire. If you can’t find maple sugar it will be perfectly fine to use maple syrup as it states in the recipe. They will still come out amazing 🙂
If you are trying to find maple sugar I found it here on Amazon(non-affiliate link)
Maple Bacon Pancakes
- pancake griddle
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 5 TBSP maple sugar or 3 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 TBSP baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon
- 3 TBSP bacon fat
- Gather all ingredients and equipment.
- Preheat pancake griddle to 350°F.
- Add the apple cider vinegar to the milk and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, milk, and eggs until thoroghly combined.
- Fold the bacon and bacon fat into the batter.
- Pour 1/4 cupfuls onto the hot griddle and cook unti the edges are dry. Flip over to the other sides and cook until golden.