Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Buttercream
Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Buttercream is an easy icing for any cake.
Jump to Recipe
This Vanilla Bean Cream cheese Buttercream is one of my favorites to go with cake. The key to preparing this or any cream cheese buttercream is not to over whip the cream cheese, as the water will come out causing it to separate. Believe me, I know this from personal experience.
I have used this recipe for all the birthday cakes I prepare for my daughters-lemon poppyseed, chocolate, and strawberry.
I love using vanilla bean in creams, custards, and sauces. The remain pods I use to scent sugar and make my own vanilla extract.
Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese ButtercreamPrint Recipe
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 oz unsalted butter, softened
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1/2 ea vanilla bean, scraped
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- In the bowl of stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment mix the cream cheese on low speed until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl, add the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla bean, salt, and vanilla extract mix on lowest speed to combine.
This buttercream can be used when it's made fresh or it may be made and kept in the refrigerator for 3 days. If it has been in the refrigerator, let it sit at room temperature until just cool to the touch, then transfer to a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat until smooth.
This icing was a hit with the red velvet cake I made for my friend’s birthday party!