These Caramelized Pecan White Chocolate Cookies are full of a sweet pecans, caramelized bits, with a touch of creamy white chocolate!
Sweet pecans, caramelized sugar, and creamy white chocolate pair awesome all together in these chewy cookies! These Caramelized Pecan White Chocolate cookies came about purely as using ingredients up! No seriously! I had leftover caramelized pecans from my Thanksgiving pumpkin variation dessert. I also need to tell you that I planned on having the nuts as a coarse chop, but I let my food processor go longer than I expected so it turned into caramelized pecan flour with some caramel bits.
I was on refreshment team at church a few Sundays ago and I knew I wanted to use up my caramelized pecan flour, but how? I started looking through my cupboard and found white chocolate chips! Done! I then knew I would use my chocolate chip cookie recipe as the base. After a few tweaks, the cookies were born and ready for the following morning at church. I labeled my goods and as soon I went into the coffee hour I saw that all my cookies were gone! Ok, I take it those were a hit!
The caramelized pecans are super easy to make:
- Toast the pecans and place on a piece of parchment.
- Caramelize the sugar and pour over the pecans and allow to cool and harden.
- Break apart into pieces and pulse briefly in the food processor.
For more fun cookies check out:
Caramelized Pecan White Chocolate Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups + 3 TBSP flour (238 grams)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda (2.3 grams)
- 1 tsp. salt (3 grams)
- 1/2 cup + 2 TBSP brown sugar (134 grams)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tsp. sugar (104 grams)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (107 grams)
- 5.9 oz. butter, unsalted (room temp) (167 grams)
- 1 large egg (60 grams)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pecans toasted (50 grams)
- 1/4 cup sugar (60 grams)
For the Caramelized Pecans:
- Place toasted pecans together on a piece of parchment paper.
- Caramelize the sugar over medium heat in a small sauce pan. Once the sugar has completely dissolved and is a beatiful golden brown color pour over the pecans. Allow to harden and cool.
- Once the caramelized sugar has hardened and cooled break apart and pulse in a food processor until it is about the size of almond flour. Reserve.
For the Cookies:
- Gather all ingredients and equipment
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, and sugars until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the creamed butter and sugars and mix well. Be sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and mix again.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and prepared caramelized pecan flour to the mix and blend until combined.
- On the lowest speed add the white chocolate chips and mix until just blended.
- Portion out the dough on a parchment lined sheet tray using a cookie dough scoop or if you don't have a cookie dough scoop, portion about 1.5 TBSP of dough. Wrap the the sheet tray with plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place portioned cookie dough evenly on the sheet tray placing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Once the cookies are done baking take them out of the oven and bang the cookie sheet two times on the stove or flat surface. This helps the cookies spread (I was taught this at a resort I worked at in Palm Beach) Enjoy!