Rice Krispies Treats Mickey Style!Jump to Recipe
For Gabriella’s birthday, I wanted to prepare something that was reminiscent of the chocolate covered Mickey Ice Creams from the park.
Check out more treats and the Magic Kingdom Birthday Party:
I thought of Rice Krispy Treats, but I would add some vanilla bean into it. Ok, ok, no I didn’t make the marshmallows. Yes, I know how to make them, yes I know they are easy to do—but with everything else I had to do for the party, plus be a mom and work on my Master’s degree class, where there is a huge assignment do every week! Forget it, I am buying mini marshmallows!! It’s one day!! As I picked up the pack of marshmallows and read that there is Blue#1 inside! Seriously! They are marshmallows!! Forget it, it’s only one day.
After I was finished with the fight with myself, I got to work. You will need pan spray so the Rice Krispy treats do not stick everywhere. I have been using coconut oil pan spray by Spectrum Naturals.
Mickey’s Rice Krispie TreatsPrint Recipe
- 4 cups mini marshmallows they melt faster, compared to large ones
- 4 TBSP Butter unsalted
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- t half of vanilla bean if you don' have vanilla beans, you can use 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, deseeded
- 24 oz . of Dark Chocolate for coating
- Gather all ingredients and equipment.
- Pan spray a 15x10 baking dish. I used a 3 quart pyrex glass casserole dish that I had on hand. I have been using Coconut Oil pan spray by Spectrum Naturals.
- In a large pot over medium low heat, melt butter. Add in marshmallows and vanilla bean, stirring constantly until melted. Turn off heat.
- Add in rice krispies and fold into the marshmallow mixture until well coated.
- Place mix into prepared dish, pushing down until evenly distributed.
- If you have another glass baking dish of the same size, pan spray the bottom of it and place it on top of the rice krispy treats to be. (this step is optional, but I found it works best-having the extra weight on the mix)
- Pan spray your hands and the Mickey cutter. Use the cutter to make your Mickey treats and place on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Melt chocolate in microwave using 15 second bursts.
- I used red and white striped straws, for a Main Street USA feel, as sticks to hold the treats.
- Stick a straw in each Mickey Treat in the middle about half-way up.
- Coat in chocolate and place on parchment lined cookie sheets. Allow to set.
- Stick treats into a foam board for serving.