This brown butter vinaigrette will become a new favorite
The first time I made this brown butter vinaigrette was for my Butternut Squash Salad. This nutty and buttery vinaigrette is served warm or room temperature and can go well with roasted and grilled vegetables; fish and shellfish dishes; or even grilled and seared chicken and steak.
I made this salad for this past Thanksgiving, my sister loved it and said: “The colors of the salad are so pretty and the dressing is so good!”. She asked, “Where did you get the recipe?” I told her “Me,” and we just started laughing…It was a great holiday having her here with us.
Brown Butter VinaigrettePrint Recipe
- 3/4 cup onions medium diced
- 12 oz. unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 TBSP Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 TBSP sugar
- To Taste salt and pepper
- Place the onions and butter into a small saucepan over medium heat. Brown the butter, do not burn it.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Mix the vinegar and mustard first either using a blender or immersion blender. Slowly add the oil while blending to emulsify.
- While blending, add the butter and onions.
- Season with the sugar, salt, and pepper.