Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake…
Flourless Chocolate Cake with filled with a Roasted Peanut Butter Cream covered in a Chocolate Ganache and topped with Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups!
Out of all the different foods I have tried, one of my favorites is Dark Chocolate and Peanut Butter. Dark chocolate, because of my time in Germany and Peanut Butter, because hey I grew up with it 🙂
Well for this year’s birthday cake for Jesus, which we celebrate on Christmas Eve night, I made this flourless chocolate peanut butter cake.
I didn’t mean to make so much, we gave over half it away to our neighbors on Christmas Day…. boy were they happy!
This peanut buttercream recipe is from one of the restaurant’s I worked at and it pairs so awesomely with this flourless chocolate cake!
***a few days later we had some left over cake for ourselves-stored in the refrigerator. I heat the cake slightly in microwave and served with vanilla ice cream! Yeah it was awesome!!
Flourless Chocolate Cake filled with Peanut Butter Cream covered in dark chocolate ganache topped with dark chocolate peanut butter cups
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips or you can use what chocolate you prefer I always have bags of mini chocolate chips in my pantry
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 600 grams Heavy cream
- 100 grams Roasted peanuts
- 150 grams White chocolate
- 8 sheets Gelatin
- 200 grams Creamy peanut butter
- 1 quart Chocolate Ganache
- Gather all ingredients and equipment.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray 8 inch cake pan with pan spray and line bottom with parchment.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Add in the chocolate chips and allow the warm butter to melt the chocolate.
- In the bowl of stand mixer whip together the eggs and sugar on higher for about 5-7 minutes or until doubled in volume.
- Add in the vanilla, salt, and cocoa powder and mix until well combined.
- Slowly add in the melted chocolate and butter into the egg mixture and mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared 8-inch cake pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting. I cut mine into three layers.
In a small sauce pan light toast peanuts over medium heat. Add cream and bring up to a simmer.
- Once the cream has simmered, take off heat, add gelatin, and cover. Allow to steep for ten minutes.
- In a bowl place white chocolate and peanut butter. Strain cream through chinois over chocolate. Allow chocolate and peanut butter to melt. Whisk well until well incorporated
- Allow peanut mixture to cool. Spread evenly on top of chocolate cake layers. Place Cake in Cooler to set up.
Place the cold layered cake on a cooling rack with a cookie sheet under the rack. Pour the chocolate on top, starting from the middle of cake. Use an icing spatula, if needed. Allow chocolate to drape on to sides of cake. Decorate the top with chopped up Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups. Allow to cool and chocolate to set up.