Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake…
Flourless Chocolate Cake with filled with a Peanut Butter Cream covered in a Chocolate Ganache and topped with Peanut Butter Cups!
Jump to Recipe
I made this flourless chocolate peanut butter cake two years ago as a birthday cake for Christmas Eve night. If you have been following me since the beginning you have seen that my food photography has seriously improved, I am so happy that I enrolled in food photography school from Minimalist Baker.
So back to this cake, I wanted to not only improve the pictures but alsothe recipe. I have been loving both black cocoa powder and Dutch processed cocoa powder, hello chocolate on your palatte. Black cocoa powder can be found here and Dutch process cocoa pwder can be found here (non-affiliate links). If you don’t have black cocoa powder, it’s all good you can use all cocoa powder. After updating this recipe, I also found that using a cake ring and acetate works great for assembly. I like to use this brand of ring and acetate (non-affliliate links).
If you are looking for more chocolatey treats check out
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup black cocoa powder
- 6 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
Peanut Butter Cream
- 3 oz white chocolate
- 7 oz peanut butter natural, creamy
- 3 oz heavy cream
- 4 sheets Gelatin
- 5 oz cream cheese
- 5 oz whipped cream, unsweetened
- 1 pint Chocolate Ganache
For the Chocolate Cake:
- Gather all ingredients and equipment.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray 8 inch cake pan with pan spray and line bottom with parchment.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Add in the chocolate chips and allow the warm butter to melt the chocolate.
- In the bowl of stand mixer whip together the eggs and sugar on higher for about 5-7 minutes or until doubled in volume.
- Add in the vanilla, salt, and cocoa powder and mix until well combined.
- Slowly add in the melted chocolate and butter into the egg mixture and mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared 8-inch cake pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing into three even layers.
Peanut Butter Cream:
- Place white chocolate and peanut butter in a mixing bowl. Heat the cream until hot in a microwave safe bowl or in a small a saucepan over medium high heat. Pour the cream over the peanut butter and chocolate.
- Bloom the gelatin sheets in ice water. Warm the softened gelatin until liquid and mix into the white chocolate and peanut butter mix.
- In the bowl of stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the cream cheese for three minutes. Scrape the bowl and add the white chocolate peanut butter mix. Mix together until fully incorporated. Fold in the whipped cream. Keep cold.
- Line an 8-inch cake ring with acetate on a cookie sheet lined with parchment. Place one piece of cake down and pipe an even layer of peanut butter cream. Repeat. Place the cake in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Place the cake on a cooling rack with a cookie sheet under the rack. Remove the cake ring and acetate. Pour the chocolate ganache on top, starting from the middle of cake. Allow chocolate to drape on to the sides sides of cake and ensure chocolate is covered around and evenly using an icing spatula. Decorate the top with chopped up peanut butter cups. Allow for chocolate to set up.