Easy Girl Scout Lemonade Cookies perfect for spring and summer!
Who loves Girl Scout Cookies? I know stupid question right?!
A few months ago I was asked to speak at local Girl Scout troop since I am a woman chef. They were working on a project concerning possible career fields. It was Cookie Season at the time and I wanted to bring some homemade Girl Scout Cookies for the girls. I made these homemade lemonade cookies and my favorite peanut butter patties (recipe coming soon). It was so awesome to speak to these young girls about how I became a chef beginning with my Easy Bake Oven at the age of seven.
Along with bringing the cookies I also brought my portfolio showcasing my work so they could see my background and my passion for the industry.
These are the cutters I used for the cute cookies
Girl Scout Lemonade Cookies
For the Cookies
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ounce sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 tsp. lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
For the Glaze
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 ea vanilla bean, split in half and deseeded
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2-4 TBSP hot water
- Gather all ingredients and equipment.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment cream together the butter, sugar, and salt.
- Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl. Add the egg and vanilla, beat until combined.
- Add the flour and baking powder, mix until well blended.
- Add the lemon juice and zest and mix well. Form dough into a disk, wrap with plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- While dough is chilling, prepare the glaze by whisking the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla bean seeds, salt, and hot water in a small mixing bowl. Reserve.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough till 1/4 inch thick. Punch with your favorite small cookie cutter, I used an Ateco daisy cutter.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and allow to cool. For the glaze, mix all ingredients together.
- After cookies have cooled completely, dip the cookies into the glaze and place on a rack for glaze to harden.