This Roasted Paprika Chicken is so simple to make while being addicting and delicious.
When I was living in Germany, one of my favorite foods was a roasted chicken. Ok, before you laugh, this is not like any normal roasted chicken that we are talking about. This chicken had such an addicting spice on it, but I didn’t know what it was. After asking my co-workers, they told me the simple ingredients on the chicken were salt, pepper, paprika, and oil. Simple ingredients to make such an awesome dish!
Well, for Isabelle’s Sarah & Duck Birthday Party I decided to make this to serve with the mac and cheese. It was a HUGE hit!! When I made this I decided to add to some Italian seasoning to it as well; I love basil, thyme, and oregano. However, my husband thinks I was just trying to have more of the Italian influence into the party–How was I supposed to know that Germany and Italy were playing each other that day in the European Cup? I knew Germany was playing, but I didn’t know who? I was busy with the party and with the Microsoft EXCEL program for school.
OK, SO BACK TO THIS AWESOME CHICKEN
I try to buy all my chickens organic and then I break them down. For $10-$14 I can buy a whole chicken and then I save the bones to make chicken stock. I also will save the wings and then once I have a lot, we will have chicken wings for dinner.
Roasted Paprika Chicken
- 1 Whole Chicken broken down
- 1 Tablespoon Paprika not smoked or hot
- 3 Tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 3 Tablespoons Oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the chicken, paprika, salt, Italian seasoning, fresh black pepper, and oil.
- Spread evenly on a sheet pan (cookie sheet) and bake for about 40 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- After the chicken has rested-Enjoy!