Creamy Vegan Sherry Vinaigrette is made with almond milk, sherry vinegar, Dijon mustard, extra virgin olive oil, and onions.
So last night, we had our annual MOPs (Mothers of Preschoolers) Cookout and I brought the roasted butternut squash salad served with arugula, goat cheese, pickled red onions topped with a brown butter dressing, but I decided to make something that our MOPs coordinator could also enjoy, as she has become vegan for her health. I wanted to make this salad enjoyable for her too- so I ditched the goat cheese and played around with dressing.
I personally use almond milk in almost all my smoothies and I thought about using it in place of the butter for the dressing. I was so surprised on how it came out! It had all the creaminess and nuttiness like my brown butter dressing, but was definitely healthier. It tasted so good! I currently have some in my fridge now, but I gave her the remaining dressing from last night.
Creamy Vegan Sherry Vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup onion medium diced
- 1/2 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 oz . unsweetened almond milk
- 2 TBSP . sugar
- to taste salt and pepper
- Place the onions and oil into a small sauce pan over medium heat. Cook until the onions are soft.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Mix the vinegar and mustard first either using a blender or immersion blender. Slowly add the oil and onions while blending to emulsify.
- While blending add the almond milk.
- Season with the sugar, salt, and pepper.