Try this Chia Seed Pudding with Coconut Milk for your next Breakfast!
Jump to Recipe
While we were in Florida, there is one restaurant I love going to for breakfast, lunch, and brunch. I was so happy to go to this place two times, one time I ordered the smoked salmon eggs benedict and the other I ordered the chia seed pudding. This chia seed pudding is prepared with coconut milk and served with berry preserves, fresh berries, granola, and coconut flakes. It was so good, and the consistency of the pudding wasn’t slimy like how I have seen others. I knew that when we came back home, I wanted to make this and yeah I nailed it!
I love the creaminess of the coconut milk in this chia seed pudding. There is also a subtle sweetness from the maple syrup and vanilla extract. To top all this off, I use my favorite berry preserves from Bonne Maman (no this isn’t a sponsored post, we just use this brand all the time in our home, and we love it!).
After the chia seeds are soaked in coconut milk overnight unsweetened chilled whipped coconut cream is folded into the pudding elevating the consistency to almost like a mousse.
Chia Seed Pudding with Coconut Milk
Chia Seeding Pudding
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups coconut cream chilled and whipped
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup Berry Preserves
- 1/2 cup fresh fruit and berries
- Gather all ingredients and equipment.
- In a small bowl mix together the coconut milk, chia seeds, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Wrap with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight
- The following morning fold the chilled, whipped coconut cream into the chia seed pudding.
- Place in glasses or bowls and garnish with the preserves, granola, fresh fruit, and coconut flakes.