A quick and easy vegan cheese sauce made with nutritional yeast, paprika, garlic powder, and curry powder! Jump to Recipe
After eating plant-based for about a week or two just to try it…why not. I was missing cheese already. I discovered nutritional yeast and made this vegan cheese sauce.
Even if you are not vegan or plant-based you will like this sauce, it is pretty good and you don’t feel like you’re clogging your arteries.
This cheese sauce is great for making mac and cheese, top over burgers (vegan or not!) and also for my vegan queso bean dip!
Vegan Cheese Sauce
- 3 TBSP Coconut Oil
- 3 TBSP Flour
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Curry Powder
- 1 1/4 cups Nutritional Yeast
- 2 1/4 cups Water
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt or to taste
- Gather all ingredients and equipment.
- Place the coconut oil in medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic powder, paprika, and curry powder and cook for about 1 minute.
- Whisk in the flour into the coconut oil and spices. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the water and nutritional yeast, whisk until well combined. Continue cooking until it is brought up to a boil.
- Take off from the heat and season with the salt.
- Serve with chips, use to make your favorite pasta dishes or pizza.