This S’mores Layer Cake is made with a graham cracker cake layered with chocolate ganache topped with homemade marshmallow fluff
Who loves S’mores? Who likes Cake? Yes, it is possible to have your two favs together in one dessert!
I love s’mores, like every night during the summer I am out with my girls making s’mores.
Check out my other S’mores-Inspired Desserts:
As snacks for my girls to eat, I try to have fruit squeezies (in the summertime I usually make smoothies), baby carrots and ranch dressing and packs of graham crackers. Yeah, one less thing to buy at the store to make the cake!
I made this cake at Christmas time and the Lebkuchen spices make this cake taste similar to that of cinnamon graham crackers. Yum, cinnamon and chocolate together!
Every Christmas Eve we have a birthday party for Jesus complete with Mediterranean foods and yes birthday cake. We eat the cake in our living room with hot chocolate after we sing a few Christmas songs around the Christmas tree with lit candles…yes we lite candles on our real Christmas tree! This banned tradition is safe when you’re careful and it is absolutely gorgeous to watch!
This cake is so moist and is awesome with the chocolate ganache and marshmallow fluff. If you don’t have time to make your own marshmallow fluff, store-bought will be fine…I won’t tell anyone.
S'mores Layer Cake
- 4 oz. butter, unsalted softened
- 2 TBSP. coconut oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 TBSP. vanilla extract
- 2 each large eggs
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp. Lebküchen Spice Mix
- 6 oz. almond milk
- 10 oz chocolate ganache
- 8 oz. marshmallow fluff
- Gather all ingredients and equipment. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line an 2 8-inch cake pans.
- In a bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, Lebküchen spice, and graham cracker crumbs. Reserve.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together the butter, coconut oil, and sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time, and vanilla and mix well for three minutes, be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add the flour mix and milk a little bit at each time, mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake for 30-35 minutes until cake tester comes out clean and cake is golden brown.
- Cool the cake for 12 minutes in the pan before placing on a cooling rack.
- Cut the cakes in half and spread the chocoalte ganache evenly. Place on top of one another.
- Top with marshmallow and spread evenly on the top and sides
- Pipe out dots of marshmallow on top and drizzle with chocolate ganache.