This Roasted Red Pepper Grilled Cheese is made with fresh Roasted Red Peppers and Queso Fresco cheese with toasted buttery bread!!
Jump to Recipe
I made this sandwich a couple of months ago and friends have been asking me for the recipe to the awesome sandwich. So after much delay and putting it off. I initially made a spiced mayo to accompany this roasted red pepper grilled cheese, but when Degustabox sent me the Sir Kensington’s Chipotle Mayo I knew I had to try it out! You know what? It works so well together- the roasted, sweet red bell pepper, with salty queso fresco cheese, and spicy smoky chipotle mayo and crunchy buttery bread! Yum!!
Roasted Red Pepper Grilled Cheese
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 TBSP Sir Kensington’s Chipotle Mayonnaise
- 1/2 ounce Queso Fresco Cheese sliced or grated
- To Taste Salt and Pepper
- 2 pieces of your favorite bread I love this fresh baked Tuscan Pane Bread
- 1 TBSP Butter unsalted and softened
- Roast the red bell pepper by placing the pepper directly over the flame and burn it on all sides (yes really burn it) What you are burning is the skin. If you don't have a gas stove this can be done by turning on the broiler on high, placing the pepper on a cookie sheet and burn it on all sides.
- Once the pepper has been burned placed in a mixing bowl and cover with plastic wrap or place in a plastic container with a lid. Leave the pepper alone for 10 minutes. This will do a few things-first the pepper is hot! two the steam will make it easier to peel the black stuff off.
- Peel the burnt skin off the pepper and deseed it. I like to leave my pepper in whole pieces, but you may slice it up if you like.
- Preheat a skillet over medium high heat. Butter one side of the bread and place in the pan.
- Top with cheese evenly.
- place the peppers on top of the cheese.
- Spread the Sir Kensington’s Chipotle Mayonnaise on one side of the bread evenly.
- Top with remaining bread and butter the other side.
- Brown on both side to a beautiful golden brown