Make this Loaded Baked Potato Salad for your next gathering!
When it comes to potato salad I am NOT a fan. I love German potato salad with bacon, pickles, and vinegar; but when it comes to the traditional American mayonnaise-based potato salad–NO THANK YOU!
I always wanted to make a loaded baked potato salad with BACON and CHEESE. Yes, bacon and cheese! However, instead of sour cream and mayonnaise I opted to use Greek yogurt. Within the Greek yogurt, I mixed together garlic, vinegars (to add a little acid to cut all the fat with the bacon and cheese) and herbs.
I brought this salad to a cookout and it was a major hit!
For more recipes for your next gathering check out
Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- 6 lbs . small gold potatoes
- 1 lb . bacon
- 1/2 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 TBSP . Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 7 oz plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup green onions thinly sliced
- 1 lb cheddar cheese grated
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Gather all ingredients and equipment.
- Quarter the potatoes and boil in salted water until soft, but not mush-haldente.
- Bake the bacon in oven at 350 degree until golden brown, around 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool and then roughly chop.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the yogurt, vinegars, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Reserve.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain and allow to cool completely. This can be done by placing the drained potatoes onto sheet pans in layers and allow to cool.
- Toss the yogurt with the cooled potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle in the cheese and green onions. Break about some of the potatoes so the starches help bind the salad together. Season the salad with salt and pepper