Who Loves Chocolate?! Make these soft, melt in your mouth, Double Chocolate SunDrops Cookies Jump to Recipe
I was inspired to make these cookies with the SunDrops milk chocolate candies. For the cocoa powder in this recipe, I used black cocoa powder to give a rich and bold flavor. I love how the colors of the candies peak out of the dark dough. Black cocoa powder is the same cocoa used in preparing Oreos, available here
These cookies use the same formula as my Chocolate Coconut Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches except you don’t need to roll out the dough.
Along with the candies, I added mini chocolate chips to the mix too! Yep, black cocoa powder, mini chocolate chips, and milk chocolate candies..what a treat of a cookie!
For more chocolatey treats!
Double Chocolate SunDrops Cookies
- 4 oz. butter, unsalted softened
- 4 oz. sugar
- 4 oz. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6.4 oz. bread flour (or you can use APF)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 6.4 oz. melted chocolate
- 10 oz. bag of SunDrops Milk Chocolate Candies
- 2 oz. mini chocolate chips
- 1.45 oz Cocoa powder
- Gather all the ingredients and equipment. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In the bowl of stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and salt.
- Add in eggs and vanilla to the creamed mixture. Scrape bowl. Blend until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and cocoa powder to the creamed mixture; mix only until blended. Scrape bowl and blend together.
- Add in melted chocolate and mix until combined.
- Mix in the mini chocolate chips and SunDrops milk chocolate candies. Mix until thoroughly blended.
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Using a dough scoop (approximately 2 TBSP) place portioned dough on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes.