Make this quick chicken and goat cheese Alfredo for a quick dinner!
When I received this month’s Degustabox, I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do with the pasta….Alfredo! I hadn’t made Alfredo in a long time, but instead of parmesan cheese, I wanted to use goat cheese, chicken, and yes, I had bacon in my fridge!
Two pans are needed when making this dish-one for the pasta and one for the sauce.
I was hoping my girls would eat the pasta since it’s green…yes we are going through that phase…yet Isabelle will still eat broccoli (makes perfect sense right?) and the only reason why Gabriella won’t eat something is because Isabelle isn’t eating it. After all this, explains why the tomatoes are separate and not mixed it.
With this white sauce, the girls couldn’t tell that the pasta was actually green so they loved it…they thought it was mac and cheese.
I hope you enjoy!
Chicken and Goat Cheese Alfredo
- 1 8 oz. box Tolerant Pasta
- 4 oz. bacon, diced small
- 6 oz. Chicken breast, boneless and skinless diced small
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 oz. goat cheese
- 10 oz. heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tsp basil, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- To taste Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, diced small
- Cello Parmesan Cheese Crisps
- Gather all ingredients and equipment.
For the Sauce:
- In a non stick pan, render out the fat from bacon over medium high heat. Take out the cooked bacon and reserve.
- Add the chicken and garlic to the bacon fat. Cook for five minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and reduce by 3/4 and mix in the goat cheese.
- Season with the fresh herbs and salt and pepper.
For the pasta:
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the pasta to the boiling water. Cook for 8-10 minutes over medium heat.
- Drain the water from the pasta and pour into a serving bowl or back into the pot. Add the sauce and mix well. Top with diced tomatoes and parmesan cheese crisps.