These Baked Caramelized Red Onion Chicken Wings are super easy! Give your chicken wings an upscale flavor!
So for the past few months, I have been collecting chicken wings in my freezer. I cut up whole chickens and wrap all the pieces up separately. I wait for a few months until we have a lot of wings and then serve them up for dinner with different sauces!
In this month’s Degustabox, we received Caramelized Red Onion Chutney from The English Provender Co. The chutney is made with red onions, apples, white wine vinegar, sugar, balsamic vinegar, molasses, garlic and ginger! Yum, the flavors of sweet and sour perfect for some chicken wings!!
Caramelized Red Onion Chicken Wings
- 3 lbs . of Chicken Wings
- 3 TBSP . oil
- To Taste Salt and Pepper
For the Sauce:
- 6 oz . Chicken stock
- 10 oz .Caramelized Red Onion Chutney
- 2 TBSP . Cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss the chicken wings in oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken wings on a parchment lined sheet pan and bake for 12 minutes or until 160 degrees fahrenheit.
For the Sauce:
- Gather all ingredients and equipment.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat whisk together the chicken stock and chutney until simmering.
- In a small mixing bowl make a slurry with the cornstarch and water.
- Mix the slurry into the boiling chicken stock and chutney. Whisk until well combined, thickened, clear, and shiny. The sauce should be thin to medium consistency.
- Toss the chicken wings in the sauce and enjoy with your favorite beer or wine